The Kite Runner: Reflection 1

   To introduce the class, we gave presentaions of Afghanistan's background. I found the diffrences in their culture amusing. We began reading The Kite Runner. As of right now I have began to read chapters 2 and 3. So far in chapter 2, close friends Amir and Hassan has been announced. The history of their friendship is being explained as well as the differences between Hassan's houshold and Amir's household. One thing I found interesting was how Sanaubar, Hassan's mother, treated Ali and the reputation she carried. My heart dropped when the soldier made fun of Hassan because of his mother. He never knew his mother since she died 5 days after he was born, so I cannot imagine how he feels when he hears things as such about his mother. I believe it because of how people portrayed Sanaubar, that she treated Ali and Hassan that way. Now in chapter 3, I was introduced to some of Baba's history. Especially, from his childhood. He believes the only sin is theft and every other "sin" follows. In addition, he believes Amir is missing something. He does not believe in Amir. I feel that Baba was once like Amir, that is how he identifies with the current issue. Even though he did not act like Amir as a child, he may have felt alone at one point or another without his father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tired of Seeing C's

From Effort to Improvement

Quarantine Blues: Chilling with AP