A Lesson Before Dying (Chapter 4)

I was surprised when I read about Grant and Vivian. Finding that Grant had some type of romantic relations with a legally married women surprised me. I could understand that Vivian was going though a divorce though, it just was not finalized. When Grant proposed that he wanted her to run away with her it made me wonder what he was really running away from. Was it the problem his race was facing at the time or the task at hand. Which was teaching Jefferson to be a man. I love the fact that Vivian stayed true to her calling or "commitment"; teaching the black children. Proving this was devoted to what she was doing and willing to do whatever it takes for her people to come on top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tired of Seeing C's

From Effort to Improvement

Quarantine Blues: Chilling with AP