A Lesson Before Dying Reflections

Chapter 2

While reading this I felt there was a theme of angels and demons. I also felt a connection with Grant. When he was narrating, I could infer that he was used to hearing discrimination cases such as this. He consistently made statements on how he knew things would turn out the way they did. Throughout the chapter, Grant felt hopeless. Going on making statements on how Jefferson is already dead whether or not his aunt and Miss Emma wanted to admit it. Both of them stayed persistent with hope, saying that things could change. I felt connected to Grant because usually when looking at certain situations I always see things in the negative, when people around me see the positives.

Chapter 3

   This chapter contained the theme of Judgement. Throughout this chapter I was enraged at the fact that Henri assumed that Jefferson committed the crime based off of an unfair trial. Also he did not see any remorse towards the aunt despite the fact that she had done so much for him and his family. I felt helpless for the aunt, seeing she did not even have the strength to go up for her son. This also proved that she was somewhat immune to this kind of treatment and could take anymore. In this I could see she was a fighter because she told Henri she would be back the next day. Again I related to to Grant because I hate when people make me do things I do not want to do and most likely will do the bare minimum while doing it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tired of Seeing C's

From Effort to Improvement

Quarantine Blues: Chilling with AP