A Moment in Song

   Today in class, we were asked to make a list of 10 songs that held a moment of my life. One of the songs I chose the song was Funny by Tori Kelly. A couple of years ago, I went through a very tough time with moving to a new state and feeling isolated. This song helped me get clarity on life, it made me not feel so alone. It was as if, like Mr. Rease said, the song chose me. If you listen to the whole album, it kind of takes you through the stages of young adulthood and realization. I felt like making the list would take much longer and I still fell like my list still needs a little more thought. We also read a poem Cruising with the Beach Boys. It was about a man on a buisness trip who heard a song, and it brought back lovesick memories from he teenage years. This made me wonder about a song that would remind me of a time where I had a crush or even a relationship. It amazed me at how music or any other sentimental thing could bring back so many vivid memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tired of Seeing C's

From Effort to Improvement

Quarantine Blues: Chilling with AP